How to fix 1080p server issues

Eat other survival games!

Topic author
Gup
Arker

How to fix 1080p server issues

Post by Gup » 29 Nov 2015 12:29

When you join a server that is "just setup and go" you will experience blur( not really blur but more like : WTF? its 1080p but not sharp!) issues if you use 1080p screen settings. (for example official servers).

Now i could manage to get 1080p smooth and clear from blur in the serversettings you can find at :

GameuserSettings.ini :

from line 61 till 70 :

ResolutionSizeX=1920 (default is 1280)
ResolutionSizeY=1080 (default is 1024)
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=True (default = false)
FullscreenMode=0 << will set full screen (default = 2) (windowed mode)
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0 << server cannot change by itself cuz it never played singelplayermode. (default = 1)(fullscreen windowed mode)
<<< this conflicts on every client based joiner!
Version=5

Change these settings in your GameuserSettings.ini in your client version as well!!!
Join any server without strange "somehow its not sharp issue" .

Now for the ingame scalability slider it will change these settings too so you can get that sharp gameplay style "official support tells you to set slider to max so your issue will be solved" ( ITS NOT! )

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.TrueSkyQuality=3
sg.GroundClutterQuality=3
sg.IBLQuality=3
sg.HeightFieldShadowQuality=3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ these are my serversettings from line 72 till 83 .

Somehow your client will display it thisway when you changed the setting to this.. but the server does not support it when you keep them @ default settings, so even then you will think : WTF is wrong?
Change the config like i show here!

Anyhow if you play on a crappy machine and change your settings to lower quality, the server will always push the best he can( instead holding back on a GPU beast client)( this will not inflict FPS!)

More news later!
have a good sunday!

[edit]
if anyone has questions about this explanation.. please let me know and i will help you out!